[pct-l] Advice for a section hiker?

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 15:14:34 CDT 2013

"Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start" (Sound of
Music).  "Doe, a deer, a female deer.  Rae, a drop of golden sun!"  I know
Morena is full but arrange for an alternative and start on Sunday, at the
beginning with everyone!  Your days off line up perfectly.
The camaraderie is GREAT!!!  You'll learn a lot and meet life long friends!
 Hike the PCT in an organized, systematic way instead of hit and miss!

Take Piper's advice and camp a mile up the trail (or less) from Morena.
 There is a lot of open space just north of Morena.

Toga