[pct-l] old svea

Devon Taig devon.taig at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 09:58:02 CDT 2013

In 1987 I literally burnt my eyebrows off with a Svea and am lucky I didn't
cause more serious injury or start the forest on fire too.  I guess I
should have known this at the time, but you *don't ever *want to fill a
Svea to the brim with white gas as <A> it won't work very well if at all
and <B> it might well explode as it did on me shooting a flaming trail of
compressed gas some 20 feet (at my face). That explosion provided enough
adrenalin though for a good 40-50 miles more on the trail.  I look at the
Svea as being to backpacking stoves what the Edsel was to cars.  Maybe it's
time to upgrade - just saying.

River