[pct-l] PCT 2012 photos

Weathercarrot - weathercarrot at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 27 16:43:48 CDT 2012

Hi Fred -

I'm not sure if you're referring to the automatic slideshow on the main/front page,
or the full screen slideshow option within the PCT 2012 gallery. The front page version
is intentionally set with long dissolves for maximum artsy affect.  When you slide the
mouse over the image you'll see back/forward/pause controls. But because the dissolve
is so long, it won't pause until after the dissolve completes.

On the full screen slideshow option, I haven't seen the issue you're referring to.
The full-screen SmugMug slideshow format does lack the degree of customization that
I would prefer, such as specifying the number of seconds for each shot as well as control
of the dissolve rate. But I doubt there's a photo site out there that has everything I
would want.

wc

-------------------------------------
Fred Walters writes:

Fantastic photos at least the few I saw - because the view software is
awful.  Found the pause 'cos I hate auto play slide shows as I like to look
at the pictures I like and skip the ones that don't appeal and nobody every
wants to look at every picture for the same time determined by some
software designer.  So after pausing skipped to next and even though the
play/pause still said it was paused it decided to auto play again.  So went
back and even though pause/play still said paused, it decided to start
playing backwards at its own determines speed.  So in frustration at
continually have to go back to the picture I was looking at when it decided
to auto-advance I gave-up.  Which is a shame because they are quite
fabulous pictures.

Suggest that such excellent pictures deserve a better scheme of
presentation.