[pct-l] PCT 2012 photos

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Thu Sep 27 16:25:42 CDT 2012

Well the photos from the "thousands" that you selected are great, wc...  Thanks for sharing!

> I guess the trick to
good photos is to take LOTS and try to get good timing with lighting (morning/evening).

Patience, luck, or both also come into play - but when on a long hike the 'timing' is mostly by chance, or else
you can't make enough miles!
But you're also being too humble, wc, the artistic talent is definitely there - just as you have shown in the past
with the 2004 class DVD and then doing the one for 2003 (plus helping 'guide' others on their class DVDs)...
As for the 'cropping', when I hike I like a compact digital but with quite a bit of optical zoom (current one 6x,
older one 10x but before IS - image stabilization - was introduced) - using the zoom to do the cropping when
'composing' a shot...
I also quit wasting time 'altering' photos - just take more photos and perhaps make some manual adjustments
when I see a great composition I 'must have'...  If none come out 'great', that's the way it goes - but there's
usually a 'keeper' in there somewhere!

Thanks, again, for sharing - can't wait to see more...

Happy trails!!!
Jim (PITA)