[pct-l] Water question-Campo to Scissors

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 25 08:06:09 CDT 2012

Don,
To be absolutely sure that your group will have water at those locations in late Oct, simply cache it before you start your hike. I recall that I had cached my food, including my horse's food, near Sunrise Summit high up the hillside and well hidden behind some bushes. Sunrise is a roadside rest/parking area. You could dispose of the empty water jugs in trash cans there. In cases when there are no trash cans (and sometimes that was true) I just ask a motorist if they would please take out my trash (mostly wrappers in a Ziplock bag) for proper disposal. I have never been turned down with that request. At Rodriquez Spur, cache in plastic milk jugs and then crush them and carry them out. Leave no trace.
MendoRider-Hiker