[pct-l] 'Monetary contributions'

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Sun Sep 23 16:12:49 CDT 2012

On 9/23/2012 11:42 AM, Anne Estoppey wrote:
> I must admit that I am a bit surprised too that a few people that are
> called 'Trail Angels' expect monetary contributions.

There was a time when an encounter with a trail angel was a
serendipitous encounter. It was an unexpected surprise. It was just the
thing you needed at the moment you needed it.

Now it is planned and expected. Many hikers feel entitled to it.

Someone who helps hikers is free to do so in any way they choose to. If
a hiker expresses his appreciation by offering money, that does not mean
that the motives of the person offering help are questionable.