[pct-l] Section O and the Bagley fire

Matt Bradley mattbradley1 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 20:34:15 CDT 2012

I could use some timely assistance of anyone can offer it. I was planning
on hiking section O in California this week southbound. I just arrived at
Castle Crags and I see from signs that there is supposed to be a trail
closure of most of section O in effect. Obviously, I should have checked
this out before I left home but here I am trying to decide what to do.
>From what I can tell online the fire is 100% contained. The map shows that
the PCT only crosses over a small corner of the closed area. However the
sign says that the trail is closed for about 60 miles.
So, does anyone have any recent experience or insight about the condition
of section O? Would it be safe it legal to be on the trail? Any insight
would be appreciated.
Thanks a bunch
Matt
Waffle Cone