[pct-l] Yellow jackets and EpiPens on the PCT

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sat Sep 15 09:43:23 CDT 2012

If it makes you feel any better, my personal horror stories have all
been in the Los Padres National Forest. I never got any kind of bee
or yellowjacket sting on the PCT. I hiked in 2008, a high fire year
and didn't see any yellowjackets and none in 2009 either. No special
clothing, either. I hope you still carry the Epipen even after your
desensitization process just in case.

Diane