[pct-l] Worst parts of the trail and ways to get though them

Bill Burge bill at burge.com
Wed Oct 31 11:58:30 CDT 2012

I would have to, respectfully, disagree with Yogi AND I can only speak to the first 324 miles of the trail.

The worst part of the trail is when you realize that you can't, for what ever reason, get past something and you have to get off the trail.

THAT is the worst part, and you can't get past it or you wouldn't be getting off the trail.

I was with my gal and I was having some back problems and she was having bad blister issues and, from the start, just couldn't make the miles required.  She knew that we had been planning this for over three years and that it had been something I had wanted to do since 1978.

She felt HORRIBLE to think it would be her fault that we would quit. I pointed out my own problems and, standing in the middle of the trail, both wearing our packs and gear, crying and hugging; I told her I loved HER more than an 18 inch strip of dirt.

Much if it was hard in some way or another. Most of it was fun in some way or another. Hard does not equal "not fun" and even some parts that were abysmal are some if the parts we laugh about now.

SomeGuy
Bill Burge
Typoed on my iPhone...