[pct-l] survey on trail conflicts

Palomino palomino.pct at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 08:19:32 CDT 2012

+1 for Day-Late's viewpoint below, except I don't see it as being
selfish as much as forward-thinking. Prior generations built and
preserved this trail as a way to experience our land and landmarks as
directly and as free of modern industrialism as possible. We should
honor their vision and keep the trail "wild" (I shudder when I say
that word these days) for our children's children and beyond. To me,
that means no machines. And more respect by all parties.

Palomino
Jim Ostdick
San Juan Bautista, CA

"I don't really expect you to understand that I go out there to get away
from what you are attempting to bring to the trail - we have a completely
different view point on this that probably can't be reconciled.  So don't
expect arguments with logical points to score points when the whole premise
of your goal is against what I, again being selfish, use the trails for."
Day-Late