[pct-l] survey on trail conflicts

Gayle Webb dgwebbaux at att.net
Tue Oct 23 03:03:40 CDT 2012

My experience on "dual use" trails with mountain bikes is about 80 percent of them are respectful and the rest are too absorbed in their trip to care about anyone else.  Anticipating the 20 percent was very absorbing so I try to avoid these trails. I found that all of the mountain bikers and motorized vehicles on the PCT were in some degree obnoxious and often caused me to jump out of the way to avoid contact.  Perhaps, they were aware of their unlawful presence and acted accordingly.  Regardless of their motives to be on the PCT, I would support any banishment of mountain bikes or motorized vehicles where hiking and camping in a wilderness area is allowed.

Spider legs