[pct-l] Excess Gear

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Oct 21 10:03:44 CDT 2012

Our intrepid hardcore PCT hiker, Grizzly, had a lot of oldhiking gear lying around.  He did notwant to wait until the April Kickoff and a donation over at the Hiker Box atSwitchback’s campsite.  So, he decided tojust put it out by the mail box with a sign that said.

"Free. You Want It, You Take It."

For three days the gear sat there without even one person taking anything.

Finally, Grizzly‘s wife, TraiDust, said to him, "You old fool.  I bet you I can get rid of everything in onenight."

The next morning Grizzly went out to the mail box and everything was gone.  He was amazed.

Grizzly says to TrailDust, "How did you do that?  You deserve a pizza dinner with brew down atthe saloon tonight."
TrailDust says, "I just changed the sign to 'ForSale' and people stole all the gear."