[pct-l] PCT Hiker and Bridge

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Oct 20 02:28:13 CDT 2012

Our intrepid PCT hiking hero, Grizzly,was solo hiking along the PCT. He came to a great camping spot and set up hiscamp.

After supper he went for a walk around his campsite to relax and think aboutbeing out on the trail and all he was grateful for.

Suddenly, the sky clouded above his head and in a booming voice from above, Godsaid, "Because you have tried to be faithful to me in all ways, I willgrant you one wish."

Grizzly said, "I wish that you would build a bridge to Hawaii, so I candrive over there anytime I want."

The Lord said, "Your request is very materialistic. Just think of theenormous challenges of reaching the bottom of the Pacific and the concrete andsteel it would take. It would be taxing on several natural resources and take alot of upkeep. I can do it, but think a little more for something that wouldhonor and glorify me."

Grizzly thought about this good advice for a while. Then he said, "Lord, Iwish that I could understand my trail partner and wife, TrailDust. I want toknow how to please her and what she wants. How can I make her happy? What isshe thinking when she gives me the silent treatment and says, "nothing iswrong"?

The Lord replies, "Do you want four lanes or six lanes on thatbridge?"