[pct-l] Wondering about pct-l listserv copyright...

Mark Liechty mlaccs at mlaccs.com
Fri Oct 19 13:55:34 CDT 2012

On Oct 19, 2012, at 11:43 AM, Lindsey Sommer wrote:

> So, I was just browsing the "Sharing the PCT" Facebook page, and see that
> they've been copy/pasting comments from this list onto their wall. These
> are comments that they've deemed particularly aggressive towards MTBer's.
> Someone has pointed out that there is a copyright notice at the bottom of
> each message, and I'm a bit disturbed that these are being sent out into
> the FB world without people knowing it.
> ######

I am not following the MB side of the argument but on this list there have been several threats of MURDER by by hikers towards those on bikes.

Ignore the notice on the bottom of the message, once it is sent to the world you should assume that it will be visible to all at any time.

Lets hope those who have made threats against bikers are never in an incident on the trail where someone gets hurt.

If I were a biker i wold lump all PCT hikers together.  After all many on this list have lumped all Bikers, Horse people, dogs, politicos and snakes into groups.   Such is the world we live in.

Mark "Blankie" Liechty