[pct-l] Bikes and Horses

Fred Walters fredwalters2 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 11:45:19 CDT 2012

Question: Not being a horse rider and not having hiked the PCT it is a
genuine question.  How do horses and Mountain Bikes get on ?  e.g. MTB
speeding down a fast curved stretch, round a blind corner to meet a horse
(oncoming or same direction).  I ask because where I used to live there
were loads of horses and I got to appreciate that (some) horses can rear-up
when surprised suddenly by something moving (fast).  And being thrown of a
horse rearing up is probably quite dangerous (broken ... or worse).

Fred