[pct-l] ULA and Anna: Lame

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 10:43:47 CDT 2012

The video is cheesy, and she is gorgeous.  Had they been a bit more tongue
in cheek the way Dirty Girl Gaiter's site is, or at least used to be, we
might all just take it as another bit of in-your-face thru hiker culture.
 It's the music, the Japanese screen and her damned refusal to turn around
that make it so tacky.  ULA certainly doesn't need it to sell product,
given how many ULA packs we see on the long trails, and I won't be trading
in my Circuit any time soon, as it's still the most comfortable, capable
pack I've ever used, but this certainly is using sex, or the hint of sex,
to sell.

As for the reason for breasts, there isn't much about us as a species that
isn't dual purpose.  We're pretty darn'ed beautiful to each other.  Most of
what nature gave us can be titillating in the right circumstances.

Tacky?  Yup, and worth the call out at ULA for tawdry salesmanship, but
hardly a reason not to use a backpack if it carries the load right for you.
 Now, if I only knew who they were voting for I might be more ready for a
boycott!

Shroomer