[pct-l] NO BIKES SIGNS

gschenk1 at roadrunner.com gschenk1 at roadrunner.com
Wed Oct 17 08:59:49 CDT 2012

---- aslive at charter.net wrote:
> We could erect barriers at the trailheads to keep bikes out.  This may
involve putting up some finceing along either side of the trail for some
distance.  These would need to be of such design so as to stop bikes and
yet allow horses through.  I don't know what that would look like.

Barriers at the trailheads would only cause more damage to surrounding terrain. Dirt bikers in  particular can be very determined to get on the trail. You can see this north of Agua Dulce.

Gary