[pct-l] Tethers to the other world...from the other world

bluetrail at aol.com bluetrail at aol.com
Tue Oct 16 16:06:28 CDT 2012

Some good ideas.  Thanks!

Joan

-----Original Message-----
From: ambery-80243 <ambery-80243 at mypacks.net>
To: pct-l <pct-l at backcountry.net>
Sent: Tue, Oct 16, 2012 4:40 pm
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Tethers to the other world...from the other world

It's always a good idea to make a plan between the two of you before he heads
ut.  I know when my mate or I day hike alone, we have agreed that if we don't
et back that day, we will give the other person at least until ten o'clock the
ext morning to walk out, instead of panicking right away that same day.
f you are the one out in the backcountry, don't be afraid to enlist other
ikers for help in contacting someone.  I was running behind schedule to call
ome once, and a dayhiker I ran into agreed to call home for me when they got
ff the trail,and at least let my husband know where he saw me and that I was
ine.
ven though there may not be cell service where you are, a phone can often be
inged for a location as long as it's on.  If one of us should get lost or
njured, we also have an agreed upon time for when we would leave our phone on
nd for how long (just to make sure the battery doesn't run out.)