[pct-l] PCT & MTB

Jim McEver mceverj at me.com
Fri Oct 12 19:26:42 CDT 2012

As a life long hiker, life member of the Sierra Club , current member of PCTA (if it hasn't yet expired - i'd better check on that!), and an avid mtb'er, I have to say the misinformation, hyperbole, and just plain mean-ass ill will displayed on this list is at best disturbing. The average mtb'er is as concerned about wilderness values as the hiking/equestrian community. There are mtb'ers that are assholes - on and off the trail. There are hikers that are assholes - on and off the trail. I've met enough of both, but both are definitely in the minority. I think we can do better than what I've seen so far. We have far more in common than we do differences.

Jim McEver