[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 58, Issue 17

JPL jplynch at crosslink.net
Fri Oct 12 20:49:23 CDT 2012

I suggested something in another venue.  Train maintenance has made the PCT
and other trails like it, maybe too pristine and attractive to our biker
friends.   My suggestion is lets back off a tad.  Hikers don't need quite so
much pristine-ness.  Lets consider leaving those step-over fallen trees on
the trail.  We can step over them.  Bikers will get tired real fast of
stopping and lifting their bikes over them.  At least it'll slow them up a
tad.  And maybe they'll go work on making bikes-only trails pristine to
biking standards!