[pct-l] Illegal Mountain Biking on the PCT - Now in video form

Craig Giffen cg at lunky.com
Thu Oct 11 20:02:10 CDT 2012

From the video you can tell that he could not see her until he was in the air.   After your rear tire leaves the jump gravity/physics takes over and you have little control over where you are going to land.  Had he been able to see her before he left the jump he most likely (hopefully) would have jumped off to the side.

Again, this is all under the assumption that this area was legal to be biking in.  This is the same reason that snowboarders will intentionally block the top of a jump to indicate to other riders that someone (that they cannot see) is injured below and it is not safe to take the jump.

My whole point for posting this video is that it is not safe to mix fast mountain bikes and pedestrians when they cannot see each other...like on the PCT.

Craig