[pct-l] Bikes on the PCT

Stephanie Best stephintahoe at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 11 19:46:25 CDT 2012

I have to agree, Lindsey, and I wish I had an answer but I don't now how it's
supposed to work--I would think, if bikers are to yield to hikers then they
should slow on the approach of a blind corner in case there might be someone
there.  My general opinion is that they feel as though they are the only users
of the trail and completely disregard the fact that someone may be around the
next corner.  Of course, I have no concrete statistics but stats mean nothing
when you are out there worried (or scared) that you are going to be hit.  It
completely takes away the serenity of being out in nature.  And, yes, there are
always those exceptions but, for me and where I live, it's best to stay away on
weekends.

Stephanie