[pct-l] Manning Park Resupply?

Jackie McDonnell yogihikes at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 09:04:56 CDT 2012

Your hiker does not need to resupply at Manning.  That's the end of the
trail.  If you want to send a care package, this info might help;  I got
this info from a representative from Manning Park.
--------------------
Hi, I am emailing from Manning Park Resort to give you some info on our
mail system We seem to get alot of PCT hikers that do not send their
parcels out in time to be here when they arrive .

It takes approx 3- 4 weeks for delivery

 US mail system
US customs
Canada Customs
Canada mail system

Manning Park Resort is not a town or city and the nearest post office is
the nearest community at Eastgate and that is where all parcels are
delivered by Express Post Canada Mail system .
In Canada it takes a week to receive mail from Vancouver , BC to Manning
Park ( Post office Eastgate 17 km East of the Resort ) Even through be
driving it is only 3 hours away.

Parcels need to pick uped at East gate and brought to the Resort .

if they want parcels to be at the Resort when they arrive off the trail
they need to send them out at least 4 weeks before their scheduled arrival .

Hope this helps.

Yogi
www.pcthandbook.com