[pct-l] bikes on the PCT

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 22:29:49 CDT 2012

yeah it's a shame, i've hiked tons of the A.T. but as a biker who get
pissed about motocycles and ATVs on our designated trails. i have to
respect the rules of the backpackers who fought long and hard to have their
special places too. NBB

> The last comment here sums it all up for me that I wish a lot of other
> fellow mountain bikers shared:
>
> http://forums.mtbr.com/pennsylvania/appalachian-trail-can-i-ride-291174.html
>
> Craig

For those that didn't click the link this comment is pretty poignant --
>From a MTB'er discussing riding on the AT:

"yeah it's a shame, i've hiked tons of the A.T. but as a biker who get
pissed about motorcycles and ATVs on our designated trails. i have to
respect the rules of the backpackers who fought long and hard to have their
special places too."

Kind of sums it up for me.  I would like to keep our special places too.

Day-Late