[pct-l] bikes on the PCT & the PCTA

ambery-80243 at mypacks.net ambery-80243 at mypacks.net
Wed Oct 10 10:23:45 CDT 2012

I assume based upon their own mission statement, that the PCTA should be standing against this.  There mission is to "preserve and promote the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail as an internationally significant resource for the enjoyment of hikers and equestrians."

Their 2010 to 2013 Strategic Plan has a Vision Statement for the PCT's future, which includes:
"The entire Pacific Crest Trail corridor is permanently protected, well maintained and
managed. It is well known both nationally and internationally, and is treasured by hikers
and equestrians who appreciate its remote natural character"

I agree that if this doesn't remain the focus, I will reconsider my donations.