[pct-l] bikes on the PCT

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Oct 9 20:02:08 CDT 2012

Well, if the PCT becomes a mountain biking trail, I won't be renewing
my membership with the PCTA or donating any money. The mountain
bikers took over our local trails and turned them into war zones and
annoying places to be, cut down all the shade and made the trails
flat, smooth and boring. I'm sure the PCTA wouldn't care if all the
hikers left since there are way more mountain bikers, or at least it
seems like there are. Plus think of all that money they can get from
IMBA and from the motorcycle manufacturers that are really who
supports all this mountain biking stuff. Since everybody hates
mountain bikers, they have to make themselves look like stellar trail
workers with tons of phony photo-ops of fake trail maintenance and
lots of logged hours that count for nothing in reality. Fortunately,
despite all their noise, there do seem to be a lot fewer of them than
in the past, at least locally.