[pct-l] Mountain Bikes and Trail Damage

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Tue Oct 9 13:46:56 CDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 11:33 AM, Derek Fohs <derekfohs at hotmail.com> wrote:

> The Tahoe Rim Train Association has worked some compromises (alternating days, one-way direction, only certain sections) It's a good website http://www.tahoerimtrail.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=140&Itemid=157 I'm an avid mountain biker and prefer to ride where there are no hikers, horses, motos, or anyone else that matter.

The TRT "compromise" doesn't work.

On the TRT Tahoe Meadows to Tunnel Creek, section, on a "No Mountain
Bike day," I passes 50+ Mountain Bikes. I challenged many of them
about riding on a closed day, and except for ONE, I got replies of the
flavor "F*ck you, will ride where and when we want." I think there was
MORE hostility because of this "compromise."

I talked to the director the TRT about it, and got an unsatisfactory
answer. I will not be giving them any money.