[pct-l] Mountain Bikes and Trail Damage

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Tue Oct 9 12:28:14 CDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 9:09 AM, James Lott <socalbackpackers at outlook.com>wrote:

> Many of the trails the I ride on also have horses on them  Contrary to
> popular belief on this site, most mountain bike riders are respectful to
> horses and hikers.   We always stop and let the horse pass or ride slow
> past the horse so they are not spooked. As with any sport or activity, you
> will always find the idiots in the group.  And those will be the people
> that are point to by the other side as the reason they should not be there
> or allowed to participate

A person with a machine causes way more problems that a person without one.

If 10% of the mountain bikers are assholes, then IMHO that is a good enough
reason to keep them ALL off the trails.

In my experience, I'd say it is a larger percentage of assholes that that.

I would like to point out the "Mountain Bike Liberation Front" graffiti on
the Wilderness boundary sign I posted the pic of earlier