[pct-l] Summit Mt Whitney

Jackie McDonnell yogihikes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 17:36:32 CST 2012

Jonathon -

You do NOT need a permit for Whitney if you stay on the west side (PCT
side) of Whitney Portal.  In other words, if you are on the PCT and do
Whitney as a side hike, then return to the PCT (approximately 16 miles
roundtrip), you do not need the Whitney stamp on your PCT thru-hiker
permit.  There is a space on the application for you to pay $15 for the
Whitney stamp.  Don't do it.

If you descend to the East Side via Whitney Portal, you do need the stamp.

Yogi
www.pcthandbook.com