[pct-l] Mt Bikes at Timberline Lodge

Zorglub azorglub at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 27 22:37:47 CST 2012

I certainly would not worry about it.  Bikes used in bike parks are heavy and are meant to only go downhill.  Nobody in its right mind will spend $30-40 on a chairlift ticket to take a heavy 40# bike on the PCT, when they can go have fun on the downhill trails with all kind of purpose built obstacles.

Sure seems that hikers don't know much about cyclists.

Just came across this on a local news web site. The PCT actually crosses the top of this planned bike park. Hikers will have to watch out in this area. I foresee a lot of illegal riding on the PCT in the area.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Mount-Hood-to-unveil-bike-park-180919081.html

Diarmaid "Irish" Harmon
irishharmon at comcast.net

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, Guinness in one hand, steak in the other, yell 'Holy Sh**, What a Ride!"