[pct-l] Walking on Snow

Daniel Zellman danielzellman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 09:20:31 CST 2012

Thanks for this wonderfully detailed and comprehensive essay on snow, Ned.
My partner and I are planning our first thru-hike for 2013, and both found
this very interesting.

I would be interested to hear other folks' thoughts/experience regarding
crampons and microspkies, etc. Specifically, we both just purchased
Kahtoola KTS Microspikes, and Ned's description of them here as "utterly
worthless" is, to say the least, a bit concerning. Anyone else care to
comment?

Thanks....

-dz