[pct-l] Raingear

lorna at ptera.net lorna at ptera.net
Sun Nov 25 15:42:43 CST 2012

I hiked the 486-mile Colorado Trail last summer.  I brought along a 12-oz
Packa that is a cross between a poncho and a raincoat, and it covers your
pack as well.  At first, we had just occasional showers, and it was warm
enough that everything dried quickly.  When we got up into the 12,000 plus
elevations and into the monsoon season, and it started raining fairly
seriously, the Packa still kept me pretty dry.  I liked having my pack stay
dry.  However, while it was raining, I had to keep the pack on my back if I
wanted it to stay dry, so snacks, hat and mittens had to be put in
accessible places.
www.thepacka.com