[pct-l] rain gear

dm at quixnet.net dm at quixnet.net
Sat Nov 24 11:14:10 CST 2012

Rab PolarTec NeoShell has been highly recommended to me by an experienced
trekker/expedition guide as THE rain gear to use.  He climbs snow &
ice-covered mountains in the 20,000 foot range, so may have different
requirements than I do.  Would this gear be overkill for typical conditions
on the PCT?  I'd like to have opinions from some of the experienced PCT
hikers.  Locally, the Rab jacket and pants are $600, a big hit to my wallet.
>From what I have read, I would anticipate using it just for the OR/WA
sections.