[pct-l] I'm Fine--Lost PCT Thru Hiker is FOUND

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Nov 21 00:28:29 CST 2012

Branko wrote: Or how about the time on one of my JMT fast packs when UL was the #1 priority and I made a rain poncho out of an UL space blanket....it worked great until it started raining and lightning....that's when I began to worry that I might be walking lightning rod...end of story.
Switchback replies:  We hardcore backpackers do not get lost.  We get temporarily disoriented.  When someone asks us where we are, we just say,"I don't know, but I am on time."  Lightning avoids us.  And PCT ghosts tell Switchback stories.  We are like a junkyard dog unchained on the trail.  Drug cartel soldiers, marauding Indians, and Cougar Female Terminator hikers know we are to be respected and feared.

By the way, I bought my motorcycle Honda Goldwing trike.  Now I will plan my historic PCT Thru-Trike.  This will add to my legend and cult following.  No one has ever done a Thru-Trike of the PCT.  It will be into the unknown.  It will be into the history books and lore of the trail.  In fact I will be in the PCT trailtowns of Lone Pine CA and Burney, CA in early January.  I plan to stay overnight at both locations on my way to Shasta Lake CA to get a custom saddle put on my trike.  The adventures of Switchback and the PCT never cease to amaze hikers and pilgrim lowlanders alike.

I am your most obedient servant and trail rapscallion,

Switchback the Trail Pirate