[pct-l] No Zeros in Motels

Phil Baily pkbaily at verizon.net
Wed Nov 7 22:29:08 CST 2012

About ten years ago, a New Zealander thru hiked and then wrote up an account. It was available on the web for a few years (where I read it), and then was published as a book and the web account was mostly taken down. I recall that he typically did not stay in motels. He was fond of American breakfasts, so his normal procedure was to camp just before getting to town. He would then walk into town in the morning for breakfast and then do his chores and resupply and leave town in the afternoon and camp on the trail. I don't know whether he acer stayed in a motel.

His acciount/book was titled "Dances with Marmots" and the website is still up at http://www.angelfire.com/trek/nz_usa/

Pieces