[pct-l] PCT hiker stats...Youngest and most thru-hikes

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Mon Nov 5 23:58:05 CST 2012

Yes Andrea,
This is true....and before  "Barracuda"  it was  "Sunshine" in 2011 at
age 11, with her father and before  "Sunshine"  it was  "Mary Chambers"
at age 10  with her parents in 2004.

As far as the most thrus,.....No other than  "SCOTT  WILLIAMSON"!!!

With 13 PCT thru-hikes,...16 total if you add up section hikes without
counting anything twice,... 2 yo-yos and 3 PCT  speed records,  Scott is
the....unquestionable,...the undeniable,...the undisputed  KING OF THE
PCT and  I will bow in his presence.

Scott attempted another PCT speed record (south bound) this year.
He was cranking 43 mile days and was getting ready to up it, but aborted
in Oregon,after 13 days,  because of all the fires.
He gathered his resupplies and headed for the Sierra and spend a month
hiking the Sierra High Route and various other mountaineering routes.

Guess what?....Scott tells me he is already planning and scheming next
years record attempt.
You cant keep a good man down
You ain't seen nothing yet folks....the best is yet to come.

Folks ask me....why do you hike the JMT so much?
I answer......"The JMT is like a beautiful woman...and once
bitten...forever hooked".

I think Scott has the same problem.....he got bitten by that beautiful
PCT lady and is now forever hooked.
I don't think Scott and I are the only ones with this problem.
I think many on this list,...without realizing it,...have this problem.

LONG LIVE THE KING

JMT Reinhold
Your forever hooked trail companion
PCT Mom Andrea wrote:
7 years old, Barracuda.......and Mom, Sparrow.
Came through Stevens Pass on 8.31.12

  PCT MOM
Fireweed wrote
/Does anyone know who is keeping track of the PCT records--such as the
//youngest person to finish, the person with the most thrus, the longest
//thru hike, etc. etc. //
Thanks //
--Fireweed /