[pct-l] PCT hiker stats

Timothy Nye timpnye at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 14:08:54 CST 2012

I ran into Barracuda at Blue Lake in Washington while I was with Love Bug. He was hiking with his dad, as his mom, Sparrow, had gotten off the trail with a bad case of poison oak contracted in California. They said then that Barracuda had flipped up to central Oregon from the Hat Creek rim to escape the desert like conditions that he was having trouble with. Later ran into Sparrow and Barracuda at Stehekin where Sparrow referred to a thru hike. However, other thrus: Analogue, Fairway, Malarkey, Bladder Pillow noted that they had been doing 35's, while the two had acknowledged not having broken a 30 and rarely a 25 ,yet were in Stehekin ahead of them.

Not saying it wasn't a great accomplishment.

Just probably not a thru hike.

Sent from my iPad