[pct-l] Winter attempt in SoCal

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Nov 4 12:41:24 CST 2012

You can probably do Campo to Highway 74 just fine, depending on the
weather. The Lagunas are the only stretch you could have significant
snow and if it's bad, you can always roadwalk instead of the trail.
Nothing really dangerous about the trail itself in the Lagunas,
though, like dangerous drop-offs or anything. I've known people who
have done that initial Campo to 74 in January and February, so
December could be doable.