[pct-l] I'm Fine--Lost PCT Thru Hiker is FOUND

Tom Griffin griffin at u.washington.edu
Fri Nov 2 17:59:03 CDT 2012

This just in from the Wenatchee World, the newspaper closest to Stehekin:

    Missing hiker walks into Stehekin

By Dee Riggs <http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/staff/dee-riggs/>
World staff writer

Friday, November 2, 2012

WENATCHEE — A 25-year-old Pennsylvania man, who was overdue by a week on
the Pacific Crest Trail, walked into Stehekin today.

He was tired and hungry, said John Wisemore, Chelan County undersheriff.
He apparently did not bring enough food for the leg of the trip between
Stevens Pass and Stehekin.

Ian Farmento of Honeytown, Penn, which is near Scranton, was hiking the
trail from Mexico and had been expected in Stehekin Oct. 22. He was last
scene on Oct. 19 near North Indian Pass, which is about eight miles
south of Glacier Peak. Wisemore said he walked into Stehekin about 2
p.m. today.

I'm sure we'll be hearing all the details of his survival in the next
few days.

Tom "Bullfrog" Griffin
Seattle