[pct-l] 2013- Hiking Partner(s) Wanted/Needed

Clare Menard claremenard at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 16:46:45 CDT 2012

Hi all,
My name is Clare and I'm currently trying to make my dream of doing the PCT
a reality. However, despite the fact that many of my friends like the idea
of joining me, none of them sound too serious. I don't want to be too
pushy; it's a big decision. I also don't want to be alone on the trail. I'm
fairly new to this forum, so I'm not sure if this thread has already begun,
but I couldn't find anything in the archives about hiking partners. So I'd
like to start the conversation! Are there folks out there looking for
hiking partners or groups willing to take on an extra hiker?

A bit about myself, so you know I'm a real person: I'm 24 and spent this
past summer hiking and backpacking in Glacier and Mt Rainier NP. I'm
looking for people who are open and good humored (as I'm guessing most
people who decide to do the PCT are :) ). I like to hike alone as much as I
like hiking with friends. Mainly I'm looking for a support system, where we
can encourage each other and look out for one another. On the other hand,
I'm also a strong believer in radical self-reliance. I'd like to start the
PCT in mid or late April, but because of my job I'm pretty flexible.

I'm also open to advice from past hikers who had to find partners: what do
you recommend?

Thanks!
Clare