[pct-l] Best and Worst and Weathercarrot

mkwart at gci.net mkwart at gci.net
Thu Nov 1 15:05:16 CDT 2012

David Hough wrote:  Finishing over 12 years is something, finishing in
one year is
impressive, but even more impressive is to be fully present in one's
natural and human surroundings with no regrets for the past or fears
for the future... so you can see your surroundings as they are, in
their fullness, rather than through the one-dimensional lens of "where
will I camp tonight" or "when will I get back to the car".

Yes--my newfound motto is "Practice being there while getting
there"--got this quote from Lama Surya Das, a good old boy American
buddhist.
Much harder to do in practice, except in isolated moments. The trail is
the perfect place to do this and then have it rub off on your town life.

--Fireweed