[pct-l] What Do Bicyclists Think?

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Thu Nov 1 14:32:11 CDT 2012

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 12:07 PM,  <TrailLover at tassociates.com> wrote:
> If you're reading this post, I'll be surprised. In the past, the PCT-L administrator has banned me
> from posting because I have expressed views favorable to the idea of sharing parts of the PCT with
> bicycles. But I thought I should try one more time.

This email account subscribed to PCT-L on 29 October, and has never
previously posted nor subscribed. This is a lie

> As you may or may not know, PCT-L members who make positive statements about bicycles are routinely
> banned from the list.

This is another lie. The only restrictions to posting have been on NEW
subscribers who's apparent intention is to troll or hijack this list.

> PCT-L subscribers deserve better information and a more robust discussion of this important topic.

PCT-L stated purpose is to discuss pedestrian and equestrian use of
the PCT. IMBA propaganda is not welcome here

> Because the PCT-L no longer serves as a forum for such a discussion,

PCT-L has NEVER been a forum for disseminating IMBA propaganda, just
like the PCT was never intended to be a bicycle trail.

> I expect that I will now be banned from making any further posts so I'll simply wish you all good
> luck and happy trails.

Playing the victim will get you little here.

The IMBA plan to open the PCT and Wilderness Areas to Bicycles is
crafted by some pretty creative lawyers, one of whom works for the
California Supreme Court as a staff lawyer. I assume that posts like
this one were carefully crafted with a specific purpose in mind.