[pct-l] best way to travel by air with trekking poles?

Tim Gustafson tjg at tgustafson.com
Sat May 26 22:41:03 CDT 2012

> What is the best way to fly with trekking poles?

I have an airplane bag from REI that my pack goes into, and I just
stuffed the poles in the airplane bag (along with my crash pad), and
that worked fine for me.  When I got to the kick-off, I mailed my
airplane bag to the town that I was getting off the trail at.  Worked
like a charm, plus it protects your pack straps and clips and so on
from getting destroyed by the conveyor belts in the airports.

--

Tim Gustafson
tjg at tgustafson.com
http://tgustafson.com/