[pct-l] Update from Tuna Helper's hike

Bill Murphy murphyw at gmail.com
Fri May 25 09:20:17 CDT 2012

Hi all,

Pi here. I hiked the PCT in '09.

I'll be emailing the list updates from Tuna Helper aka Ryan. He's on trail
at the Campo end and gone over 4 miles already today. (Yes, I know that's
not much yet. Then again he literally did that before I even woke up this
morning. ;-)

Says weather is great, wants to make miles while cool and breezy. Said he's
eaten too much with family, so granola breakfast looked big & unwanted. I'm
sure that hiker hunger will come in a week or two..

He's hoping to get up SanJacinto while it is still cool the next few days.
I think his last hike he got super-warm weather there and remembers that
climb as a beast when hot. Does anyone hike thru so-cal and not get cooked
somewhere?

I'll keep to this same subject line with his hike updates. Tell you more as
the hike unfolds.

--Pi