[pct-l] Another Question about Brooks Cascadia

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Thu May 24 13:19:57 CDT 2012

Fireweed wrote:

I just finshed hiking the 800 mile Arizona Trail and didn't get one blister.
The tread of that trail (when it exists) is a lot rockier than on the PCT
and the trail is not as well graded, so it was a real test of my shoes and
insoles.

Just a note about trail tread and blisters: I know a lot of experienced
hikers (thru-hiked the AT, etc.) come out to the PCT and end up with big
blister problems that they've never had before.  This is pure speculation
but I think part of the problem on the PCT is actually that the trail tread
is usually pretty smooth and well graded so you end up doing precisely the
same motions with your feet over and over all day without the variation that
a more rocky, uneven trail surface would induce.  You also have to do higher
daily mileage than on other long trails.

Just something I've noticed.

Eric