[pct-l] another question about Brooks Cascadia

CClark dr_carolyn at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 21:50:36 CDT 2012

This question is for senior hikers.  I’ve seen lots of positive comments about Brooks Cascadia trail running shoes.  I’m wondering if anyone aged 55+ has used Brooks or similar trail runners to hike the PCT.  Of course, we older hikers have lost a lot of the natural cushioning in the soles of our feet.
Question 1: Would these shoes work for us older hikers, or are our soles likely to get too bruised due to not enough cushioning?
Question 2:  Wouldn’t such breathable shoes let in a lot of dirt?  Wouldn’t that contribute to blisters?  (My feet truly don’t sweat, so moisture buildup isn’t an issue for me.)

Thanks for your ideas!
Carolyn AKA "SoleDoctor"