[pct-l] Package lost

Timothy Nye timpnye at gmail.com
Tue May 22 19:59:55 CDT 2012

> How true. I bagged my tarp and had my tent sent to me in big bear.  Of
> course, my resupply went to one of the Big Bear POs and the tent to the
> other.  Actually, my wife sent it to me at the Best Western and called the
> PO to make sure it was the right one.  However, when it didn't arrive I
> found that this PO doesn't deliver packages.  You have to go get them.  My
> down day was sent hiking to one post office and then turning around and
> hiking to the other and then back to the room.

First, make sure that you're dealing with the right post office in Big Bear.

Second, make sure that it isn't sitting at the PO for Aqua Dulce.  Even
though hiker boxes are sent to the Saufley's, a re-labeling issue may
have resulted it in just having been sent to the PO for that zip code.
It's possible that the boxes at the Saufley's were sent by UPS rather than
the USPS, but that isn't necessarily determinative.  My money's on the Aqua
Dulce post office.

I'm assuming that this is a  priority mail package, which is what I'm used
to dealing with and have had bounced when I hadn't taken actual possesion
of them from the clerk.  I'm not sure that this is significant, but it may
be and I leave it to another to comment.