[pct-l] Oregon snow level

Jane Espasandin Janeespasandin at charter.net
Mon May 14 10:05:14 CDT 2012

I hiked from Greensprings Hwy to just past Howard Prairie 2 weeks ago, it was clear of snow but lots of streams full of melt off. Mt Ashland still has snow on it from late season snowfall. May 9 I tried to hike from Dead Indian Memorial Rd south to Howard Prairie but snow and standing water turned me around. The trail north from there is snowbound as well. We are beginning some hot weather in Medford (supposed to be in the 90's this week). That should help. I hoped to be hiking earlier this year but the mountains were still getting snow in April. Surely by July 22 it should be hikable, I'm hoping!
Jane  - Mamma Bear
Sent from my iPhone