[pct-l] Reds Meadow Blow Down

Ryan Weidert ryan.weidert at gmail.com
Sun May 13 13:41:15 CDT 2012

On May 9th, I called both the Red's Meadows Pack Station and the Mammoth
Lakes Welcome center and posted their tentative plans for opening. (
http://mailman.backcountry.net/pipermail/pct-l/2012-May/059607.html) They
hope to have two campgrounds, the pack station etc open to public use by
June 16th. I can only assume that Agnew Meadows will be opened at the same
time, unless the campground there is one of the two that is slated for a
later opening date.

In December a friend went hiking in the area before the snows came and he
said the trail was a mess with blow-downs, so bad im some places the trail
was hard to follow. Hopefully they are confined to a 'small' section of
trail.

Tuna Helper