[pct-l] unusual horse experience

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Sat May 5 16:29:38 CDT 2012

I've noticed most horses "unload" shortly after they start out on a trail,
this is even more so if it is a big climb.  The horse poop is greatest near
the trailheads.
I agree that in dry weather they do very little damage.
I just wish the riders would push the poop off the trail and also keep it
away from water sources (most do a good good of keeping the water sources
clean - but it only takes a few to mess them up).  I really suspect most
water issues comes from day-riders who carry all the water they need
and don't really understand that people rely on these water sources for
their drinking water.

Day-Late